Importance of using eco-friendly cleaning detergents
Eco-friendly cleaning detergents
Brilliant Office Cleaning uses only eco-friendly cleaning detergents for all commercial cleaning tasks. It is very important to identify the eco-unfriendly cleaning detergents to understand the importance of eco-friendly cleaning detergents. The eco-unfriendly cleaning detergents can have the below dangerous compounds:
- Plasticisers and BPA: Chemicals that make plastics strong and flexible can accumulate in aquatic sediments, becoming toxic to microbes and animals at high levels, and they also leach out of microplastics.
- Antibacterial:Bacteria-killing compounds — like triclosan — can damage the microbial communities in ecosystems and hinder biological water treatment processes.
- Surfactants: These are the compounds that give your soap its bubbles. They are often diluted in the wastewater treatment process, but can accumulate at levels toxic to animals in the environment.
- EDCs: Endocrine disrupting chemicals can impact the sex and reproductive success of marine animals including snails and fish in waterways. EDCs are found in multiple groups of chemicals. For example BPA, phthalate plasticisers, and the chemicals in fragrances can be hormone-disrupting.
The above facts indicates the reasons as to why we should not use the eco-unfriendly cleaning detergents.
Advantages of using eco-friendly cleaning products
Inappropriate chemicals could lead to deceases such as occupational asthma. The eco-friendly cleaning detergents would help you maintain a healthy working environment. Especially, it will assure the safety of your people and even pets if you have. The safe environment would help you to comply with occupational health and safety regulations too. Brilliant Office Cleaning has understood this very well and this is the reason as to why we use only green cleaning products for all commercial cleaning work. Further, our cleaning detergents have the ISO Certification too.
Covid-19 cleaning procedures
What is the Covid-19 Virus?
Before talking about the responsibilities of our cleaners, it is important to clarify what this virus is. Covid-19 is a human-transferable virus. It typically spreads via droplets when an infected person coughs or sneezes. The droplets carry viral particles that can land on the faces of others or be inhaled. It is estimated that an infected person can infect another 400 people within 30 days, if they behave as usual.
How long will Covid-19 survive on inanimate surfaces?
The length of time that Covid-19 survives on inanimate surfaces will vary depending on factors such as the ambient temperature and humidity, and the amount of contaminated body fluid, such as respiratory droplets. In general, the Covid-19 virus is unlikely to survive once the droplets produced by coughing or sneezing have dried. The following survival times have been found by researchers:
- In air – 3 hours
- Paper tissues – 3 hours
- Copper – 4 hours
- Cardboard – 24 hours
- Wood – 2 days
- Cloth – 2 days
- Stainless steel – 2-3 days
- Polypropylene plastic – 3 days
- Glass – 4 days
- Paper money – 4 days
- External area of a surgical mask – 7 days
You will find almost all of the above surfaces and items in your office. As a result, the entire cleaning industry has now changed. The traditional cleaning to “make the office environment tidy” has now changed to “make the office environment healthy”. This increases the need for cleaners to be aware of cleaning procedures required to mitigate the risk.