OTHER SAFETY MEASURES
- The correct quantity of product should be used. The suggested usage on the label should be followed.
- All chemicals should be sealed when they are not being used.
- Products should be used in well-ventilated areas to avoid breathing the fumes.
- Eating, drinking and smoking should be avoided while using dangerous products.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) such as gloves, aprons and eye protection should be worn. Protective goggles must be worn to protect eyes when products are used that cause burns, including acids and caustics. Protective gloves are useful to avoid direct contact with chemicals.
- Different products should not be mixed unless the label directs the user to do so. This can cause hazardous chemical reactions. Even different brands of the same product may contain incompatible ingredients.